Friday, March 11, 2011

First Friday of Lent {69/365}

Today was the first firday of lent. It was kind of weird not eating meat all day. But i did it, i also managed to fast, which was pretty good for me. Because fasting on Ash Wednesday was a fail. I'm not sure if every friday during Lent i'll have a religious post or not, but i'm gonna test it out and see how it goes.
I'll start off this Lenten post with a Crucifix necklace that came all the way from Rome. My Nonnie (grandma) got it while she was in Rome, and it was blessed by Pope John Paul II. She wore it everyday, every minute of the day, and only took it off to shower. When she passed away my mother kept the necklace but never wore it. About after five months of sitting on her counter i finally picked up and talked to her about it. I asked her if i could have it, and wear it everyday just like Nonnie. She agreed. And though i don't wear it when i go to sleep i make sure to wear it every single day.







No comments:

Post a Comment