Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Hiding behind a smile {164/365}

People are always telling me to smile, like smiling is gonna take away all the hurt and all the pain....well I've tried that. I've tried hiding my sorrows, and covering the sadness in my smile... and what I've learned is when it hurts this much inside, your heart always has a way of showing it, no matter how many masks you wear.


Hide the pain behind the smile, hide the cries behind the laugh, will you be hiding for a while? How long will this hiding last?


Can you see the hurt behind the smile? Can you see the tears behind my eyes? Do you care, because i don't think you do. Because if you did, you wouldn't hit me, pull my hair, spit on me, and tell me useless...

Hiding behind a smile, just trying to be strong. Hiding behind a smile, even when things are going wrong.Smiling even though nothing ever goes right. Smiling even though i got in another big fight smiling even though i wanna break down and cry. Smiling even though tomorrow another part of me will die. Hiding behind a smile just trying to be strong. Hiding behind a smile even when things are going wrong.


No comments:

Post a Comment