Sunday, May 15, 2011

Sunday Snapshot: Almost 2 years.


I can't believe it's almost been 2 years. On May 20th, it will be the two year marking of my grandma's passing. It doesn't even seem like two years. It seems like just yesterday i was hearing the scream from down stairs coming from my brother. Leaping out of bed, and someone how making it down a flight of stairs without dieing. And then some how ending up in a heap on the floor and having my uncle carry me over to the couch. I remember when my couple eldest cousins came over, me and my cousin Elizabeth, tried to lighten the mood by looking at the firemen and paramedics that came in, and comparing to see which was hotter. We also asked for a sticker, and got, it was anything that we could do to take our minds off of the reality of the situation. Last year i cried through most of the school day, and didn't eat anything. I"m not sure how this year will go, but i'm guessing about the same. For as long as i can remember Nonnie has always been my role model. My comforter, shoulder to cry on, protector, best friend. It's so hard to believe that she's gone. I hold everything so close that she has given me.  The charms on my charm braclet for every dance recital i did.





When i was younger she'd buy us things from Precious moments. We have a prayer book, little finger puppets, for my first communion i received a precious moments picture holder. For my birthday this year i saw this precious moments music playing figure and i knew thats what i wanted for my birthday. First it reminded me of Nonnie, and second it played the song that was played at her funeral.


And last thing of all, is this necklace that she wore every.single.day. even to bed. I do the same, but i don't sleep in it. There hasn't been one day since May 20, 2009 that i haven't worn it. 


Nonnie i miss and love you so much. I hope your having a good time up in Heaven with Grandpa, Baby Jean and Jeannie Marie <3

Happy Sunday Ya'll


Ni Hao Yall

No comments:

Post a Comment